The Journey to the Milk Tea

I was referred by a friend (colleague? supporter? ^_^), named Unity, to Milk Tea. After hearing about this intriguing drink (some of you may know I like tea with milk), I decided to study up on it. Come to find out, Milk Tea means a variety of things in a number of different cultures. Wikipedia left me no closer to uncovering the truth of this new drink than I had been before.


When I googled Milk Tea in Denver, I found something called Boba Tea. This was far too interesting for me to pass up. I learned that boba tea is more often called Pearl Milk Tea, so apparently it's a type of Milk Tea. One type of Boba Tea is called Pearl Black Tea (I wish it was called Black Pearl Tea)!


I went down Federal until I found what appeared to be the closest Lollicup in town. Above is a picture of the fine establishment. I wasn't sure what I had walked into until I stepped inside. It looked quite nice inside, and the list of drinks was huge. There must have been 50 drinks to choose from. 


Now, before I blow this way out of proportion, some of the drinks were similar to others with one or two differences, but the list was impressive nonetheless. I ended up ordering a Taro Milk Tea. The guy there asked me if I wanted Boba, which I had forgotten about in my search for the shop, so I agreed. 


To give you background, I don't know what Taro is. I could look it up since I'm sitting here on the computer anyway, but that sounds like too much effort ;) Anyway, I'm having fun telling my story, so I'll do it later. 


So you all know, Taro is some sweet flavored thing. It almost seems like a fruit or something from the way it tasted. I'm pretty sure Taro is purple or light blue too, because the drink was purple with these black balls in it. The black balls were the boba I had heard so much about. I was about to embark on an adventure. 


After drinking my first boba, I almost swallowed it without getting a chance to taste it. They're slippery and slide down your through easy as ice or something similar. They're slightly sweet, but that may be because of the drink's flavor. The boba are soft and chewy and almost feel like a doughy bread once you bite into them. Apparently they are tapioca, so that might make sense.


When I was most of the way through the drink, I wished I had brought a friend with me so I could have a boba war with them. For anyone who has ever had a boba tea, just imagine how much fun it would be to have one of those straws, a cup full of boba, and a lot of friends to shoot the boba at! I need to figure out where to buy these things!


How about this for a new company: a smaller version of a paintball field where you buy a cup of boba and a straw then you run around and shoot them at your friends. The boba are pretty sticky, so it should be easy to see who won, especially if you add food coloring. It would be great!..... until someone tripped and caught the straw in his throat.... hmmmm, better think this one through better....


Oddly enough, Boba tea actually fills you up pretty well too. Just so you know if any of you decide to go. 


I know this post has been far different than most of my posts, but I wanted to tell you about this new experience I've had; it was quite a pleasure. Next post: back to my book!


PS - For any of you who are reading this blog, please let me know if you prefer to read the book itself or about my experience writing the book. Thank you for your continued reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Thor's Guide To Writing, All Rights Reserved. Template by DZignineDesign