A Quick Update on My Novel


I definitely feel much more confident with writing than I did before. I keep working on the story in my spare time. Even with what sounds like so little to do, I find that time is always hard to come by. 

The Snowflake Method asks for a lot of time spent on a small task. He asks you to spend an hour on the first sentence and then another hour expanding that sentence into a paragraph. It doesn’t seem like it should take that long, and to be honest, my mind starts to wander at some point. I usually don’t spend the whole hour, but taking more than just a few seconds of half an hour seems to help me clarify what I mean. (for those of you who are new to my blog, here is a link to the method of writing I’m talking about: Snowflake Method). 

I start off by writing what comes to my mind after a few minutes of thought, then I consider if that’s what I really mean and try to use exactly the words that say what I want. I don’t know if that’s what I’m supposed to do, but it seems like if he’s suggesting I should take an hour to write a sentence, then I should put some serious thought into it. 

It seemed silly to put the sentence into its own blog, and an expanded paragraph in its own, so I am going to put them together when I get them online. From here on, I will put each step of the method in its own blog though. I hope it doesn’t bog you all down, but I wanted to show each step as I do it. 

I’m about to have some friends over for dinner, so I will have to post the sentence and paragraph tomorrow or when I have a chance. I have started working on step 3. It’s difficult to put an entire storyline of a character into a single sentence, but I will get it done and post as I can. Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2011 Thor's Guide To Writing, All Rights Reserved. Template by DZignineDesign